Tax Relief Solutions

We are experienced in dealing with Liens, Bank Levies, Wage Garnishments, and much more.

If you choose to partner with Rockwater Associates, you will be working with some of the brightest and most experienced professionals in the industry.  Our communication, honesty, and transparency in our processes make us the right choice to provide a solution to your tax problem. Providing you with a great customer experience as well as the best possible financial outcome is priority number one.  If you are experiencing any of the following tax problems, we can help.   

Call us at 888-725-5725 to learn more.

Tax Liens

Lien Subordination or Removal
A Tax Lien will generally be placed when a taxpayer, such as a business or individual, fails to pay taxes owed. The taxation authorities may place a Tax Lien on a taxpayers' EIN or SSN to protect the government's legal claim on taxpayers' property.

Tax Levy

Bank or Accounts Receivable
Under United States Federal law, a Tax Levy is an action taken by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to seize funds or property to satisfy an outstanding tax liability.

Wage Garnishment

To satisfy outstanding back taxes owed to the federal or state governments, the taxation authorities can garnish a taxpayer's income through paychecks from their employers.

Payroll Taxes

Late or Non-Filing
Since Payroll Taxes represent all of an employee's Federal Income tax, Social Security tax, and Medicare tax, the IRS will aggressively try to collect any outstanding Payroll Tax due to the ramifications of businesses not submitting the taxes they are withholding.

Tax Penalties

For Delinquent Taxes
In matters of delinquent taxes, taxpayers often encounter penalties charged in addition to their initial their liability. There are numerous types of Tax Penalties that can be added to a taxpayers account.

Trust Fund Recovery Penalty

For Business Officers
Withholdings from wages are essentially held in a trust until a company makes a federal tax deposit in that amount to the IRS. When an individual within a company willfully fails to pay these taxes, the IRS may determine that he or she is personally liable in addition to the business being liable for those taxes.

Let a Trusted Partner Help You.

Failure to act is the worst possible response when you owe money to the IRS. Don’t think they will forget about you if you keep quiet. Almost everything is negotiable, including back taxes. With decades of experience working with the IRS and every State, Rockwater Associates is your best hope of reaching a better deal. We have successfully helped thousands of people just like you overcome their tax issue: small and large.

Let's Talk!

How Rockwater Associates Can Help

Rockwater’s team of trusted and experienced Enrolled Agents will act as the first point of contact on your behalf in all tax matters with the Internal Revenue Services (IRS) and State taxation authorities.  You will be a trusted partner who will collaborate with the Enrolled Agent assigned to your case.  We believe that frequent and transparent communication during all phases of your representation will be the key to produce the best experience and results for you.

It is possible to negotiate with the IRS by yourself, however, why spend the time doing it yourself when you can have a dedicated, experienced trusted adviser handle it for you? Especially if you owe more than $10,000 or you’re facing a tax audit.

Rockwater Associates can make a formal request detailing responsible cause can be made to the taxing authorities to reduce or eliminate your tax penalties on your liability.   A First Time Penalty Abatement allows a first-time non compliant taxpayer to request abatement of certain penalties for a single tax period.  The IRS will also consider forgiving late payment, late filing, and accuracy-related penalties based on reasonable cause. So, you’ll have to explain what circumstances led to the late filing, payment, or inaccuracy of your return (and there’s a high standard).

An Installment Agreement (IA) allows a taxpayer to pay off their balance over a period of time, typically ranging from 6 months up to 10 years. Depending on the amount owed to the IRS or State tax agency, the period can vary.  There are many types of Installment Agreements available to you and Rockwater works to determine the best option for you.  We work with you to determine the amount of each monthly payment based specifically on your personal assets, property and other financial information before negotiating with the IRS/State taxing agency to achieve the best reoccurring payment plan possible for you.

If your wages have been garnished to satisfy outstanding back taxes owed to the federal or state governments and it has caused you financial hardship, Rockwater Associates can step in to help with the release process and halt continuing garnishments.

Tax liens can be very pesky – if you owe taxes to the IRS or State governments, you probably already know this.  At Rockwater Associates, our experienced staff can help navigate the process to have your tax liens withdrawn.

A bank levy allows the IRS to levy – or withdraw – money from your bank account after attempting to contact you to obtain funds and sending first and final notices of intent to levy.   Rockwater can immediately engage with you and quickly work to release the bank levy against your account.

When working with the IRS, it is almost certain that there will be disputes or discrepancies between them and taxpayers. In order to obtain a non-biased determination of a situation or decision made by the IRS, Rockwater Associates can assist you in exercising your appeals rights.

We can engage with The Office of Appeals, an independent organization of the IRS, that acts as a third party to help the IRS and us resolve disputes through an informal, administrative process.

If you are currently going through or about to be going through the 4180 Trust Fund Recovery Penalty (TFRP) interview, Rockwater Associates can step in and represent during all phases of the 4180 interview including prep, actual representation at the interview, and problem solving solutions after the interview.

CNC Status is a temporary protection against any and all enforcement action from the taxing authorities. To qualify for CNC Status, also referred to as hardship status or Status 53, a taxpayer must provide documentation showing the taxpayer cannot meet their basic obligations and cannot pay their taxes without seriously harming their standard of living. 

Under CNC Status, the liability owed is removed from active collections and the IRS will wait for the taxpayer’s financial condition to improve. CNC Status is not a full resolution option – it is temporary.

The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (the “Act”), signed into law on March 27, 2020, provides substantive assistance to taxpayers affected by the coronavirus.  This assistance is in the form of new and modified tax provisions as well as other loan programs.

A large part of the Act’s financial aid is administered through Small Business Administration (“SBA”) Loans.  Many businesses and non-profits with not more than 500 employees (subject to certain limitations) can qualify for these loans.  The loans, which are issued by participating banks and other qualified lenders and guaranteed by the SBA, can equal the lesser of $10 million or 2.5 times an employer’s 2019 monthly annual payroll.  All or a portion of the loan amounts can be forgiven by the government if the employer maintains both the number of employees as well as their salaries.  There is a waiver of SBA fees for one year, but interest will be accrued.  

1 %

increase in gross IRS collection activity for both businesses and individuals over the last five years.

1 %

of Offer In Compromise requests were denied over the last two years.

1 %

is how much the average taxpayer has seen their dollar amount reduced after appealing an audit.

1 %

increase in the number of levies issued between 2017 and 2018.

Would you like to learn more about how our tax representation can get you or your business back on track?

Click or Call (855)888-1088

Scroll to Top